Monday, March 21, 2011

History of Leadership


I thought I would take a little from our reading, class and some of my peers thoughts and give this a shot. Leadership means many different things to people but the general consensus is usually about the same. Leadership is an act personified into a person. They are trusted to make decisions, be a understanding, to be strong and courageous, to be confident and caring, yet be discerning and be able to handle being the head honcho and the person in charge. People come to you with plenty of things and a leader has to know how to handle situations and themselves in times like that. Its hard to just pinpoint a quality in a person and say its leadership because leadership means different things to different people, and how leaders conduct themselves is entirely up to them and their own strategies of doing so. When I think of a leader in our world, I naturally turn to our president. Regardless of political stand, Obama is our nations leader and was chosen by the people to govern us as fairly and as strong as he knows how. But this doesn't just end there. That power extends to his cabinet, to his administrators, to congress, to the senate, the voted of our country themselves. We all hold the power in one way or another to be leaders and to make effecting decisions. We have to hold our selves accountable for the leadership roles we hold no matter how big or small. Whether you are the leader of a country or a CEO or even just a student like myself. I have to hold myself accountable to get out of bed every morning and go to class. No one is going to make sure I do that, I have to do that on my own. Be my own leader so that I go to class, pass, eventually graduate and go into the world. I need to be my own leader and start small before I can do something big. Whether I am planning a group assignment, making dinner reservations and need to get a final count, or planning a night out with friends. Leadership is displayed in all forms and in every day activities. Leadership can be small but it counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment